A mail exchanger record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages. You can add a "MX Record" using the cPanel"s Zone Editor option.
1. Log into your cPanel account. (eg: www.example.com/cPanel )
2. In the "Domains" section, click on the "Zone Editor" Icon.
Under "Domains", you can see many options below the "Actions" text.
3. Click on the "MX Record" and a small window will open. Enter the required details in it.
Priority: The MX record you use for mail routing should have the lowest preference number, typically 0. You can use 0 for your mail routing record, and 10 for the record validating that you own your domain.
Destination: Enter the domain name of your Mail Exchange. If you use an external mail server, enter the domain name of the external mail server. Alternatively, if you use a local mail server, enter your local domain.
Now click the "Add a MX Record" button.
If the record is added successfully, you will see a success message. The DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours.
Note: It may take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours for the changes to take effect worldwide.
- 0 Utenti hanno trovato utile questa risposta
How to update your cPanel Contact Information or receive a notification on reaching quota limit?
If you want to receive notification on reaching your disk quota, bandwidth usage limit, reaching email disk quota or want to update your cPanel contact information, follow these steps.1. Log into...
How to Change cPanel Style/Theme?
Switching over to another cPanel theme with a different style is easy and there are two ways to do so.First method: Paper Lantern Theme.1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Preferences"...
How to Edit file in the cPanel File Manager?
1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Files" section, click on "File Manger" Icon. 3. cPanel File Manager will be open, select the appropriate domain name or folder location, and press...
How to Change Language of your cPanel?
cPanel supports a lot of languages, and if you want to change your cPanel language to your native language, you should follow this tutorial.1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Preferences"...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution